Seven Quick Takes...
There's an icon that goes with this, but as I am not very blog/html savvy I'll just use this title.
1) This week has had a lot of ups and downs, but I'm ending it on a very joyful up after a fantastic Bible Study get together with some local friends.
2) I am SO thankful for my genuine friends. My youth contained many false friendships, and while age and wisdom have saved me from having many of those as an adult, I love being reminded that I am Blessed to have genuine friendships. One of David's religion lessons this week was Proverbs 17:17 A friend is a friend at all times.
3) We've had a great week of Indian Summer, and while it's supposed to get cold tomorrow and is slightly drizzly today, I'm thankful to live in a place that has four seasons!
4) Finished Water for Elephants and One Thousand White Women in the last two weeks, but I'm behind in my non-fiction reading, so I'm feeling pulled toward that material this week -- yay for the Kindle and less expensive books -- great for a compulsive reader like me.
5) Yesterday was spent in Waynesville at the Veterans Day parade. Fun was had by all! Thank you to all the veterans out there and my own veteran (I love you, Shelly), for serving in our military. It's not an easy job/calling for these servicemen and women or their families.
6) Christmas cards came in the mail -- they are SO PRECIOUS!! Can't wait to send them out, but I have to wait 'til Thanksgiving (oh, and write the "year in the life of the Ferrells" blurb -- something new for me).
7) Some neighbor kids had a stomach flu, that we, have so far managed to avoid despite having spent hours together in the last week... I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to fall!
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend! (might be my fave pic from the summer session with a friend of mine -- I'm pretty sure I have the cutest kids on the whole planet)